YOUR ODDS OF BEING A
Quote from Real Time Success Secrets
If you own a small business, you're already more likely to reach millionaire status than most, according to USA Today analyst Danny Sheridan. He calculated these odds on ways to become a millionaire:
- Inheriting it: 12 million to 1
- Winning the lottery: 12 million to 1
- Playing the slots at the casino: 6 million to 1
- Winning in a game show on TV: 4 million to 1
- Saving $800 per month for 30 years: 1.2 million to 1
- Owning a dotcom that goes public: 10,000 to 1 (well, these odds were calculated in August 2000)
What I like is the fact that when you own a business, you can actually increase the odds (if you are trained in business and work hard at fine-tuning your operations).
- Owning a small business: 1,000 to 1
Source: Rich Kid Smart Kid, by Robert Kiyosaki SOURCE
From Screen Writer Unknown
50 spec screenplays sold every year out of 250,000 spec screenplays circulating around Hollywood and various other filmmaking venues = 1 spec screenplay sold for every 5000 spec screenplays put into circulation.
Hmmm. Does that translate into 5000 to 1 odds? Let’s put that into perspective…
Here's another. Odds of becoming President: 10,000,000 to 1. Stop playing the lottery and start working on your career!